Easy One-Pot Taco Tuesday Soup
Ingredients for 5 servings:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb 95% lean ground beef (or turkey or veggie ground)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 2 cans (28oz) no salt added fire roasted diced tomatoes (OR canned diced tomatoes)
- 1 can (14.5oz) no salt added black beans, drained
- 1 small can (4oz) green chiles (optional)
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste (or tomato sauce, NOT ketchup)
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth (OR veggie broth or chicken broth)
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Garnish (not included in macros)
- fresh chopped onion
- fresh jalapeño
- 2% greek yogurt instead of sour cream
- mashed avocado
Set a pot on medium high heat. Once hot, add oil, onions and garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes to caramelize the onions.
Add ground meat and chop it up in the skillet as it cooks. Sprinkle in chili powder, paprika, oregano and cayenne. Continue cooking for another 2 minutes – the meat and onions should be fiery red and very fragrant.
Reduce the heat to medium, then add in the remaining ingredients and stir. IF NEEDED, you can add in water if desired – add 1/4 cup of water until you reach your desired level of thickness.
Bring the soup to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and cover and cook for 25 – 30 minutes.
Season to taste with sea salt & pepper and enjoy! Garnish each individual serving and remember to account for the macros if so.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!