Spicy Wasabi Salmon Salad Wrap
Ingredients for 3 servings
- 15oz raw center-cut salmon filet(s)
- pinch of sea salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/3 cup reduced fat olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons wasabi (or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons agave
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar (or more to thin it out and reduce heat)
- 6-8 (inner) Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 small radicchio
- 1/2 (colorful) bell pepper
- 1/2 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced tomato (OPTIONAL)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (OPTIONAL)
- 3 (burrito-size) low carb tortillas
Season salmon with sea salt & pepper. Set a skillet on medium high heat, and once hot add the avocado oil and the salmon. Cook on one side for 4 – 6 minutes to lock in the sear and so that the salmon is “released” from the pan and not sticking to it. Flip it over to continue cooking on the other side for 3 – 5 minutes, then set aside outside of the pan. Flake the fish with a fork to prepare it for the wrap or salad.
Mix together the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and season to taste as needed (with the ingredients) according to your liking.
Place the ingredients for the salad on a large cutting board or chopping block, then chop everything together. Drizzle on the wasabi dressing then mix well.
To a large burrito, add a serving of the salad and the salmon. Fold in the sides, then roll it up! For a lower carbohydrate option, eliminate the tortilla and enjoy it as a salad!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!