Eggs, Polenta & Veggies
Ingredients for 3 servings
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk (or water)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup uncooked, dry polenta
- 1 tablespoon The Fit Cook Everyday seasoning
- SUB: garlic and onion powder
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Spray oil
- 1lb asparagus, chopped (OR another vegetable like spinach)
- Pinch of sea salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon The Fit Cook Land seasoning
- 6 whole eggs (swap for egg whites if you need lower fat intake)
- Optional adds:
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast for polenta
- 3 tablespoons (vegan) butter – 1 for each serving
- 1 serving raw fruit
Set a pot on medium heat and add almond milk and bring to a boil. Add a pinch or two of sea salt to help. Add the polenta and continue stirring and cooking for about 10 – 12 minutes, reducing the heat so it does not burn as you stir and it thickens. Sprinkle in seasoning while it cooks and season to taste with sea salt & pepper. For more flavor, you can add nutritional yeast, and ONLY if necessary to increase your calories, you can add 1 measured tablespoon of butter to each serving.
Set a large nonstick skillet on high heat. Spray with avocado oil and add the asparagus. Sprinkle in the seasonings and let the asparagus rest unbothered for about 1 – 2 minutes. Then toss the asparagus until it is a vibrant green color. Set aside.
Set the skillet back on the heat. Spray with more oil if needed, then crack in 2 eggs and desired readiness.
Bring it together.
Add polenta and asparagus to your meal prep container and prepare your fried egg fresh in the morning. Enjoy with a serving of fresh fruit.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!