Lighter Peruvian Green Salsa (Aji Verde)
Ingredients to make 6 servings
- 3 jalapeños, seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 3 habanero peppers, seeds removed and chopped (highly recommend using gloves)
- SUBS: 2 aji amarillo (yellow chiles) OR 2 tablespoons pasta de aji amarillo (yellow chili paste)
- 1 cup of cilantro (with stem), blended
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil mayonnaise (reduced fat)
- 4 tablespoons 2% Greek yogurt
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar (or more if needed)
- sea salt to taste
- fresh cracker pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Place all the ingredients – except the oil – in a powerful blender or food processor and blend, slowly add the olive oil as it blends to help it result in a smoother, silkier sauce. Season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
Store in the fridge for up to 9 days.
Enjoy on freshly grilled vegetables, roasted chicken or even as a party dip with fresh veggies like celery and mini bell peppers!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!