Ingredients for 2 hearty servings
- Spray olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 can (15oz) no salt added chickpea (garbanzo beans)
- Pinch of sea salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can (14.5oz) crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons store-bought harissa
- SUB: your favorite hot sauce
- 4oz can green chiles, mild or medium
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- fresh parsley
- toasted sourdough
- feta crumbles or goat cheese (optional)
Set a carbon steel skillet on medium high heat. Once hot, spray with oil and add the chickpeas and the seasonings. Toss the chickpeas in the seasonings and allow them to sear for 2 – 3 minutes.
Reduce the heat to medium, then add tomatoes, harissa and green chiles. Stir and let simmer for another 3 – 5 minutes, then season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy with a slice of toasted sourdough. If you would like a pop of creamy flavor, add a tablespoon of feta/goat cheese to each serving.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!