Easy Chickpea Blondies With Macadamia
- 15oz (1 can) garbanzo, drained
- 1/3 cup no salt added cashew butter (OR other natural nut butter of choice)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg OR flax egg (milled flax mixed with water)
- 4 tablespoons agave OR maple syrup OR honey
- 1 ripe medium banana
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (or oat flour), sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- OPTIONAL: 1 scoop vanilla whey isolate protein powder (included in macros)
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts (or nut of choice)
Set oven to 350F.
In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
Add the wet ingredients to a food processor or high-powered blender. Blend until smooth. Empty the contents into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix together using a spatula. Fold in macadamia nuts and reserve some for topping.
Line a square 8×8 (or 9×9) baking pan with parchment paper, then pour in the batter.
Bake for at least 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and you can pierce it with a fork and it comes out clean.
Let them cool in the baking pan for about 15 minutes, then you can remove, slice and enjoy!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!