Air-fried Cajun Potato Salad
Ingredients for 6 servings
- 2 1/2 lb red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or grapeseed, coconut or vegetable)
- 3 tablespoons The Fit Cook Southern Creole
- pinch of sea salt & pepper
- 2 slices cooked bacon, chopped and crumbled
- Salad sauce
- 2/3 cup light mayo (I used olive oil mayo)
- 7oz 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/8 cup Dijon mustard (or more to taste)
- 5 BOILED eggs, chopped
- 1 cup diced Dill pickles (OR sweet if you prefer)
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- sea salt & pepper to taste
Set the air-fryer to 400F (or oven to 420F).
In a large bowl, toss the sliced potatoes with oil and seasoning. Add the potatoes to the air-fryer basket. Air-fry for about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through and the edges are crispy.
Mix together the ingredients for the sauce.
Cook up some bacon in a skillet until crispy. Allow the pieces to cool on a paper towel, then chop into pieces.
Once the potatoes have finished air-frying, LIGHTLY mash about 40-50% of the potatoes in a bowl, then fold in the remaining potatoes and mix together. Add the sauce and the remaining ingredients and fold everything together.
Season to taste using salt & pepper, dill (or sweet) pickles, mustard or Greek yogurt. Cover with plastic and store in the fridge for at least 20 minutes, but it’s much better overnight.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!