Buffalo Chickpea Salad Melt
Ingredients for 5 servings
- 2 cans (30oz/850g) no salt added canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2 green onion stalks, diced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 4 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons The Fit Cook Green Chile Lime blend (Substitute: 2 teaspoons cumin)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons The Fit Cook Everyday blend (Substitute: 2 teaspoons garlic powder + 1 teaspoon onion powder)
- 4 tablespoons buffalo hot sauce
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 5 slices sourdough bread
- 5 slices vegan mozzarella (or your choice of cheese)
- green onion for garnish
Add chickpeas to a large mixing bowl and mash them up using a fork. This will take significant time. As a time-saver, use an immersion blender or pulse blend the chickpeas in a food processor or blender until they are ROUGHLY chopped, NOT smooth like hummus.
Add in the rest of the ingredients and fold everything together until chunky, yet smooth and well mixed.
Enjoy this with crackers, a side to a salad or as a Buffalo Melt!
Toast a slice of sourdough. Add a serving of chickpea salad. Add a slice of vegan cheese on top. Place in the oven to melt the cheese for 3 – 5 minutes, then enjoy!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!