Asian-inspired Noodle Salad Recipe with optional Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups rice noodles, cooked and cut
- 3 cups chopped bok choy (or lettuce of choice)
- 2 cups shredded (red) cabbage
- 3/4 cup matchstick carrots (or grated)
- 2 green onions, chopped and primarily green tops
- 4 mini (Persian) cucumbers, chopped (or 1 large cucumber)
- 1 large red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups shelled edamame
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons low sodium tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice (or white) vinegar
- juice from 1/2 lime (or more to taste)
- 2 oz water (or more/less for desired consistency)
Optional protein boost
- 1lb chicken breast tenders, or breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked pepper
Add all ingredients for the salad to a bowl.
Whisk the ingredients for the sesame dressing and season to taste with tamari and lime/vinegar and adjust consistency by adding tablespoons of water.
Bring everything together by drizzling the dressing on top of the salad and gently toss to coat. If you’re doing this for meal prep, then keep the dressing separate so not to wilt the veggies.
If you desire to boost the protein, season the chicken breast (or protein of choice) and cook in a nonstick skillet!
Adding chicken adds 130 calories, 3g fat and 26g protein!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!