One Pot Mediterranean Lamb Pasta
Note: to further reduce the calories in this dish, simply swap lamb for another lean protein. But lamb is RICH in healthy omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. Adding it to your diet once in a while is a good thing. Again, everything in moderation, especially on the Mediterranean diet, you do not eat meat (beef) at every single meal or even day.
One Pot Pasta Recipe
- Set skillet on HIGH heat. Once hot, lightly spray with oil, then add bell pepper chunks. Allow them to sear for 1 -2 minutes without stirring in order to blister, then begin to move them around in the skillet so they do not burn. After about 3 minutes, place them in a bowl.
- Allow the skillet to cool down to medium-high heat. Then add oil, garlic and onions. Cook for 2 minutes to caramelize (brown) the onion.
- Add the ground lamb and continue chopping and cooking in the skillet, about 3 – 5 minutes. As the lamb cooks, sprinkle in oregano and thyme, and continue chopping and stirring the ingredients together.
- Reduce the heat to low-medium and then, one by one, add the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the spinach. Carefully fold everything together and bring the pot to a simmer. Do NOT increase the heat too much, just be patient. Once it’s simmering with everything in there, cover and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or the majority of the liquid has been absorbed and the pasta is to your liking.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, then fold in the spinach and allow it to wilt.
- Season to taste with sea salt & pepper, garnish and enjoy! You can also enjoy this meal with a small, fresh garden salad.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.