North African Lamb & Chickpea Stew – Mediterranean Diet
North African Lamb Stew Recipe
- Set a pot on medium heat. Once hot add the oil, garlic and onions. Cook for 3 minutes or until the onions turn brown and translucent. Sprinkle in salt to draw out sweetness.
- Increase heat to medium high then add the lamb pieces. Cook for 1 -2 minutes to sear the outside edges of the lamb. Sprinkle in the seasoning and stir to create a thick paste on the lamb.
- Reduce the heat to low-medium and add the apricots, tomato paste and chickpeas. Stir to mix for about 1 minute, then deglaze the skillet with chicken stock.
- Add the cinnamon sticks (or cinnamon), then cover and cook for 15 minutes, bringing to a light simmer.
- Season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
- In a separate pan, toast the cauliflower. Set a skillet on medium high heat. Grate in the raw cauliflower and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the outside of some of the “rice” turns brown.
- Garnish and enjoy the stew with the cauliflower rice!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.