Mediterranean Tomato, Shrimp & Rice Soup
One Pot Shrimp And Rice Soup Recipe
- Set skillet on HIGH heat. Once hot, spray with a little oil then toss in shrimp. Add a pinch of sea salt and pepper while they cook. Cook until the outside edges of the shrimp are seared (or slightly burned), about 6 – 8 minutes, then remove from the skillet to set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, then add oil, onion and garlic. Caramelize the onions and be careful not to burn the garlic. Scrape the bottom of the pan if there are pieces of shrimp or seasoning left there. After 2 minutes, add thyme and continue stirring another minute.
- Add broth, tomatoes and rice, then bring to a light simmer. Once it simmers, add a few pinches of sea salt & pepper and the bay leaves. Reduce heat to LOW and cover and cook for at least 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add diced bell pepper and spinach. Continue stirring until the spinach wilts, then add cover and cook again for 10 minutes. Be sure nothing is burning and there is adequate liquid in the pot. If not, simply add 1/2 cup of chicken stock until it is to your desired thickness.
- Season to taste with sea salt and pepper, then garnish with lemon and parsley.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.