Air Fried Banana Recipe
I’ve got a quick and easy treat you can whip up to curb cravings – air fried banana recipe. Enjoy these with Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt, or your favorite frozen yogurt. I made these for my friend’s kids and they really enjoyed it so it’s kid- (and adult-) friendly.
Frying bananas is so easy. You’ll only need a couple of simple ingredients to make fried bananas, and those are 3 bananas, oat flour, wheat panko, egg whites, coconut sugar, cinnamon and turmeric.
Start by slicing the bananas into about 5 pieces. Mix in one bowl panko with cinnamon, turmeric and coconut sugar. In another bowl beat the egg whites, and separate oat flour in a third bowl.
Gently dip a piece of banana first into the oat flour, making sure it’s deeply covered. Then dip in the egg whites, and finally in the panko mixture. Repeat the process for each piece of banana.
When the bananas are ready, put one portion in the air fryer, being careful not to overload it. Cook for about 10 minutes, and after 5 minutes, shake gently. Repeat the same with the rest.
Now that they are done, and they have smelled the whole house, sprinkle with a little coconut oil, add coconut sugar and grated cinnamon. Serve immediately while still hot, and enjoy this rhapsody of flavors.
If you have ever made or had the opportunity to try banana bread recipe or pan fried bananas, you already know that banana recipes are delicious, and can easily replace unhealthy desserts. The banana is sweet enough on its own, so you will be able to enjoy the sweet without remorse.
If you’re in the market for an air-fryer or have been thinking about purchasing one, then check out the air-fryer review that I did on one I received from Kohl’s.
Air Fried Banana Recipe
- Set air-fryer to 250F.
- Chop up each banana into at least 5 pieces.
- Mix together wheat panko, cinnamon, turmeric and 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar.
- Dip a banana piece into oat flour, then egg white and then the panko mixture. Repeat for the remaining bananas.
- Add a portion of the banana pieces to the air fryer bucket, careful not to crowd it. Cook for about 10-12 minutes and gently shake the frying basket at the halfway mark.
- Spray the air-fried pieces with a little bit of coconut oil and garnish with coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Enjoy immediately while warm!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.