Creamy Dairy-free Dijon Salmon & Spinach
Dijon Salmon Recipe
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- Season salmon with sea salt & pepper.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Once hot, add the oil and place the salmon skin side up. Allow it to sear for 2 to 3 minutes, then flip it over to sear for NO MORE than 1 minute, then remove them from the skillet for later. Note: it is ok if the salmon is not fully cooked.
- Reduce the heat to medium in the skillet. Add garlic, coconut milk, dijon and thyme. Stir and bring to a light simmer (and reduce heat if needed). Taste and season to taste with sea salt & pepper as needed. Mix the arrowroot with water, then add to the skillet. Quickly stir to avoid any clumping.
- Reduce heat to low and add raw spinach. Continue stirring and folding the spinach in the sauce until it wilts. Then add the salmon back to the skillet and bring it to a very light simmer. Allow everything to cook together for 3 to 5 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Allow to cool slightly and thicken, then enjoy! And you can enjoy this cold the next day as well!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.