Vegan Buttermilk Air-Fried Oysters
Vegan Air-Fried Oysters Recipe
- Set air fryer to 400F.
- Wash, rinse and dry the oyster pieces.
- In a bowl, mix together the ingredients for the “buttermilk.” In a separate large bowl, mix together the ingredients for the dry ingredients.
- PRO-TIP:marinate the oysters in the buttermilk for 10 – 15 minutes. This will help them become more moist and help the flour to stick to the oyster better. After marinating, gently shake the oysters free from the buttermilk and place on a plate.
- Dip each oyster in the buttermilk bowl, then the flour bowl, then the buttermilk bowl AGAIN, and then the flour bowl AGAIN, and then onto the air-fryer basket. Repeat.
- Once all the oysters are in the basket, generously spray them with avocado oil (or grapeseed, coconut or any other high smoke point oil).
- Cook them in increments of 5 minutes for 15 minutes. Every 5 minutes, I either flip them over AND/OR lightly spray any pieces that still have “white” flour to ensure they are frying in the basket. Repeat if you have to do this in batches.
- Enjoy fresh out of the air fryer with some flaked sea salt and your choice of plant based dipping sauce. I mixed plain almond yogurt with garlic powder, onion powder, lemon and chives for a super delicious treat!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.