One of the most important things to do following any workout is to feed your muscles so you can help them grow and to recover. If you’re like me, I grow tired of the same old generic meals so I like to switch it up every once in a while. Here is one of the meals I enjoy and only need 20-minutes to create. And best thing about this meal is, it is super easy to customize and make your own. (traduccion viene…)
- Serving size of cooked shrimp or choice of protein (I used 6oz of cooked shrimp)
- 1 small multigrain pizza crust (or pita bread if you do not have pizza crust)
- 3/4 heirloom tomato or Roma tomato cut thinly
- 1/4 cup reduced fat Feta cheese
- fresh cilantro and lime (always keep these on hand)
- 2 roasted green chiles (optional)
- 1/4 cup sautéed red onions (optional)
- Set oven to 405F.
- Sautee or grill your onions (or other veggies) in a pan using Kelapo Coconut Oil spray.
- Slice tomatoes and chiles and any other veggies. Place them evenly on top of your pizza crust or pita bread. Add your grilled onions.
- Then, add your choice of protein – I used shrimp – in pieces and add the pieces evenly on the pizza crust.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top. You can add cilantro but I like the taste of fresh cilantro so I save that until the end.
- Bake on the oven rack, NOT a baking sheet, for 15-minutes. Remove from the oven and add any extra topping.
Approximate macros: 542 calories, 56g protein, 55g carbs, 16g fat