This post is also available in: Spanish
Part of winning your life-long journey in fitness is being prepared!
Meal prep does not have to be boring – here is a great-tasting marinated chicken breast with healthy fats, accompanied by a raw kale salad. Perfect to take with you for lunch and enjoy throughout the week so you can stay on schedule to achieve your goals. Easy-to-make, customize and delicious.
Ingredients for 3 meals:
For the chicken:
- 18 oz chicken breast
- 3 tbsp natural nut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut amino
- ½ tbsp garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp red chili paste
- 1 tbsp organic honey (optional)
- Juice of 1/2 an orange
- sea salt & pepper
For the kale salad:
- 2-3 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2-3 tbsp rice vinegar
- Juice of one orange
- Pre-heat an oven to 375F.
- Cut the chicken breast into pieces, 4 to 5 pieces per fillet. Pat dry with a paper kitchen towel. Set aside.
- Add the nut butter, the garlic, coconut amino, chili paste, honey (when used) and orange juice into a marinade to a bowl. Mix well so you have a smooth marinade.
- Dip the pat dried chicken in the marinade and place them on a baking rack or in a pan.
- Bake in the oven for 11 to 13 minutes.
For the salad:
- Wash and clean the kale and shred by cutting it small pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Add the rice vinegar, orange juice, shredded carrots and dried cranberries.
- Mix well and season with sea salt and pepper as needed.
- Build your meals and place them in airtight food containers. Place cooked wild rice (if you like some carbs with this meal) in the containers and top with the baked chicken pieces.
- Divide the kale salad over the other compartments and cover with a lid.
Each 6oz serving of chicken is 304 calories, 43g protein, 12g carbs, 10g fat