Wait! Don’t toss out that leftover chicken breast (that you refuse to eat because you’re sick and tired of it by the end of the week). Toss it in a salad, chop it up, then wrap it up!
Remember, you should always adjust recipes like this one to compliment your goals and nutrition plan.
- 1 medium whole wheat tortilla
- 5oz cooked chicken breast (chopped)
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 5 cherry tomatoes (cut in halves)
- 2 tablespoons raw walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/8 cup goat cheese crumble
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite vinaigrette dressing
- Place all the ingredients (except for the dressing) onto a cutting board or sheet. Using the largest and sharpest knife you have, begin to chop up the ingredients. As you chop, continuously mix the salad together using the knife, folding the ingredients into one another. This will help the pieces become smaller as you chop.
- When the salad is finely chopped, add the salad dressing and mix it into the salad.
- Place the salad on a whole-wheat tortilla. Fold in the sides of the tortilla and use your hands to “cup” the salad and pack it in tightly. Roll it over.
- PRO-TIP: place the tortilla in the microwave for 10-15 seconds prior to adding the salad. This will help make it easier to roll.
- Slice it open and enjoy!
Approximate macros for 1 wrap:
529 calories, 55g protein, 52g carbs, 14g fat, 7g fiber, 22g sugar