Waffle House Hashbrown Bowl
Lighter Waffle House Hashbrowns
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Once boiling, toss in the potato(s) to parboil for NO MORE than 5 minutes. Immediately remove the potato from the water and set aside until it is cool enough for you to handle with your hands.
- Grate the potato into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients and mix well using your hands (note: it should be and will be sticky).
- Divide the hashbrown mix into 2 equally sized portions, then divide the halves into your desired portions to make small patties (I made about 6 equally sized patties and used an egg ring to help shape them).
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat. Once hot, spray with avocado oil and add the individual patties. Cook on each side for 4 -6 minutes, or until the edges are golden and crispy.
- Enjoy as part of the base of your hashbrown bowl OR another part of your diet!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat and once hot, spray with oil. Add the lean sausage and chop it up as it cooks in the skillet. Once it is nearly finely minced, add the finely chopped mushrooms (note: the chopped mushrooms should be about the same size as the ground turkey) and continue to chop and stir to mix.
- Add the seasonings, mix it up and continue chopping and cooking until the edges of the turkey begin to brown, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Enjoy this as part of the hashbrown bowl, OR as a part of balanced (breakfast) meal.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat and once hot, spray with avocado oil. Toss in the spinach, and if needed, add 1-2 tablespoons of water to the skillet to create steam to wilt the spinach.
- Once the spinach has completely wilted and reduced in size, about 2 minutes, add the eggs to the skillet. Pull the eggs from side to side using a spatula to scramble them. Once the eggs are nearly cooked to your desired consistency, add the cheese to melt over the egg and spinach mix. Cover the skillet, remove from the heat and allow the steam from the food to melt the cheese.
- Once melted
- Add the cheesy eggs to the hashbrown bowl, or enjoy them as part of a balanced (breakfast) meal.