Ratatouille Style Veggie Spaghetti
Veggie Spaghetti Recipe
- Set a pot on medium heat. Once hot, add oil, garlic and onion. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the onions are sauteed – brown and slightly translucent.
- Add the ground meat and chop it up as it cooks. Sprinkle in the seasoning as it cooks.
- Add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce from the cans. Add water to the tomato sauce can, swish it around, then pour that into the pot as well. Add a few pinches of sea salt and pepper and stir. Reduce the heat to low, then cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- While the meat cooks, prep the veggies. Use a Julienne peeler, or a sharp knife, to cut the veggies into thin noodles or strips. Use a sharp knife to cut thick asparagus spears into thinner spears.
- Set a large skillet on medium high heat, once hot add spray with oil and add bell pepper and asparagus. Stir, then add 1/2 cup of water to create steam. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the bell peppers and asparagus is softer. Remove the top and allow the steam and water to evaporate, careful to ensure nothing is burning.
- Add the olive oil to the skillet, then the remaining veggies. Use tongs to continuously fold everything together. Add the remaining water, pinch of sea salt & pepper, and cover and cook for about 2 minutes, until wilted and soft (NOT slimy). Remove from the heat.
- Serve the meat sauce over the noodles. Garnish and enjoy!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.