Vegan Shepherd’s Pie with Cauliflower
Vegan Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- Set oven to 400F.
- Place cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and cook in the microwave – according to instructions given – for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the cauliflower is soft. Set aside.
- Set a large skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add oil, garlic, onion, mushrooms and celery and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, then sprinkle in seasoning and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Add the meatless crumbles and chop it up as it cooks in the skillet. Continue folding the ingredients as they cook for 2 to 3 additional minutes.
- Add lentils, tomatoes, frozen peas & carrots and fold everything together. Then add BBQ sauce and dijon mustard, and finally the veggie broth. Bring to a light simmer, then reduce the heat to low and cover and cook while you prepare the topping.
- In a large bowl add the ingredients for the topping. Use a potato masher OR an immersion blender to whip together the cauliflower mash.
- Remove the cover from the skillet and remove from the heat. Use a spatula to evenly spread the cauliflower mash on top, then use the back of a fork to spread it out to create a textured top.
- Place the shepherd’s pie in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- After baking let it cool down for 15 to 20 minutes, then garnish and enjoy!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.