Quick Chicken Recipe Meal Prep
Hey there fit foodie! Today I want to show you a quick and easy way to meal prep for a baked chicken dinner recipe. You can use chicken breast or chicken thighs, depending on what you have on hand. Chicken breast is leaner, but chicken thighs are more juicy. Read on below for tips and tricks to make this recipe a success in your kitchen.
When it comes to meal prepping chicken dinners, easy chicken recipes are usually my go to. However, since I can get sick of eating the same thing over and over again, I often think of ways to switch up the recipes so I don’t get bored of my meals. Here I am presenting three different chicken flavors, all cooked at the same time and on the same sheet pan in the oven. The first is a honey lime sriracha chicken that has just the right amount of kick to it. The second is a tasty barbecue chicken recipe for those days you are craving that smokey sweet flavor. The third is a sweet and spicy mustard baked chicken that pairs perfectly with some string beans.
Since this chicken recipe freezes and reheats well, you can portion it out for meals and place them into the freezer for some easy grab and go lunch, or for the nights where you might to too tired from the gym to cook. This way you will have your meals done for the rest of the week. You can use sweet potatoes or rice as the carb, or veggies like broccoli and spinach.
If you enjoyed this easy chicken dinner recipe, please send me a message or drop me a comment below. I would love to hear how my recipes have changed your ideas of what healthy food could be. To me, nothing is more important than making it easy for you to reach your weight loss and fitness goals while also eating tasty and filling food. Be happy and healthy!
Try Our Quick Chicken Recipe Now!
Quick Chicken Recipe Meal Prep
Here are the seasonings I used (to taste). I recommend mixing the ingredients together in separate bowls first so you can taste and customize to your liking but GO EASY on the honey:
- Fresh juice from 2 limes, 2 tbsp raw honey, 1 tbsp red pepper sauce (or sriracha), 1 tsp ginger paste, 1 tsp garlic paste, cilantro
- 3 tbsp Robbie’s low sodium BBQ sauce, 1 tsp chipotle chili pepper, 1 tbsp paprika, 1 tsp cayenne,
- 3 tbsp Sir Kensington spicy mustard, 1 tbsp coconut sugar, 1 tbsp garlic paste, 1 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp cumin
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Roll a long pieces of aluminum foil so that it resembles a stick and place that in the baking sheet to create a dividers. Repeat the process for the number of columns you would like.
- Evenly divide your chicken breast pieces and then season them individually.
- Add the seasoned chicken pieces into the baking pan.
- Try as much as possible to spread the chicken out so that it does not cook together. I like to add about 1.5 tsp of coconut oil to the seasoned chicken so that it does not stick together.
- Depending on the amount of chicken in the pan, your baking times will vary. Here I had roughly 6 pounds of raw chicken so I cooked it at 405F for 20 minutes. Remember since these are smaller pieces, they will cook faster.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.