Quick Chicken & Shrimp Fried Quinoa
You can find inspiration to eat healthy from anywhere! Today, I cook up a delicious chicken & shrimp fried quinoa based on my love of sneakers. I’m cooking up a meal with NiceKicks.com to transform the Air Max 98 Chinese New Year kicks into a delicious meal.
Shrimp Fried Quinoa Recipe
- Set a nonstick wok (skillet) on high heat. Once hot, lightly spray the skillet with a little avocado oil, then add ONLY the chicken. Let it sear/rest for 2 minutes without stirring so that it sears well on at least 1 side. Then continue to stir and add the shrimp. Allow the chicken and shrimp to rest for 1 minute, then continue stirring for 2 to 3 more minutes, or until both the chicken and shrimp are cooked through. Remove the chicken and shrimp from the skillet, set aside.
- Reduce the heat of the skillet to medium. Add avocado oil, garlic, ginger and green onions. Caramelize everything together until fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Increase the heat to medium-high.
- Add the cooked, COLD AND DRY quinoa to the skillet. Continue stirring to mix for 1 minute.
- Make a hole in the skillet using the spatula. Add the lightly beaten eggs to the hole in the skillet. Quickly stir and chop the eggs in the middle of the skillet, then fold everything together.
- As you stir, add the frozen peas and carrots along with the bell pepper. Stir.
- Add the soy sauce and fold everything together. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Drizzle in the sesame oil and fold everything together one final time. Top with the sesame seeds, garnish and enjoy!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.