Herb Roasted Spatchcock Chicken with Veggies
Roasted Spatchcock Chicken Sheet Pan Recipe
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- BRINING: if you choose to brine your chicken to help tenderize the chicken so it doesn’t dry out when roasting, to a large bowl mix about 6 cups of water with 1/4 cup sea salt & 3 tablespoons (coconut) sugar. I also use 2 tablespoons The Fit Cook Everyday blend. Mix the seasonings until they dissolve in the water, then place the chicken in the bowl, it should be completely submerged. Brine for 4 hours or overnight.
- Set oven to 420F.
- Pat the chicken dry THOROUGHLY with towel. Place the chicken on a table, breast side down and backbone up. Use kitchen shears, or a sharp knife, to remove the backbone. Then, flip the chicken and use your hands to push it down, breaking the breastbone, so the chicken lays flat (you may need flip the thighs outward).
- Mix together mayo and finely chopped seasonings. Rub all over the chicken, lifting up the skin on the breast to season the actual meat as well.
- To a baking tray add veggies, oil and seasonings and mix together. Make a hole in the center of the baking pan, moving the veggies along the inside edge. Place the Herb Bed in the center – first the fresh herbs then lemon slices on top. Place the chicken on top.
- Roast in the oven for 45 – 50 minutes, or until the juices run clear and the internal temperature reaches 165F/74C. Note: Insert a a food thermometer in the chicken breast and ensure the internal temperature has reached 165F.
- Let the chicken rest for 10 – 15 minutes before slicing. Enjoy with the roasted veggies!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.