Quick Grilled Salmon & Cauliflower Mash Low-Carb Meal
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 12oz microwaveable bag of cauliflower florets
- spray avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 12oz center-cut salmon fillet (sliced into 2 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon The Fit Cook Sea blend
- SUBSTITUTE: 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning + 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- pinch of sea salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 4 pieces baby bok choy, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon The Fit Cook Everyday blend
- SUBSTITUTE: 2 teaspoons onion powder + 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- dried chives
- cracked pepper and red pepper
Place microwaveable bag of cauliflower florets in the microwave and cook according to instructions given. Note: if you DO NOT want to use a microwave, simply bring a pot of water to a boil, add the cauliflower and boil until soft.
Lightly spray salmon with avocado oil, then season with Sea blend, smoked paprika and sea salt & pepper. Rub it all over the salmon. Set aside.
Set a skillet on medium high heat. Once hot, add tablespoon of oil. Place the salmon in the skillet, skin side up, and sear for about 2 minutes, then flip over and continue cooking for about 2 more minutes.
Once the salmon is nearly cooked through (you can tell by looking at the side of the salmon), add the bok choy to the skillet, sliced side down. As it cooks, squeeze in fresh lemon juice to help caramelize and wilt it. Cook for about 3 minutes, then remove everything from the heat.
Add the steamed cauliflower to a bowl, add butter, Everyday seasoning and sea salt & pepper. Mash with a potato masher, fork or an immersion blender like the one I used. Season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
Garnish and enjoy the meal – great for lunch or an evening dinner!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!