IG Live Quarantine Cooking: Mac and Chicken
Ingredients for 6 servings
- 6oz dry macaroni (I used chickpea macaroni which boosts protein)
- spray olive oil
- 1 1/4 lb chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- pinch of sea salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic, fresh
- 2 tablespoons The Fit Cook Land seasoning (or 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or lite coconut milk or skim milk)
- 1 3/4 cups parmesan, grated
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot mixed with 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- sea salt & pepper to taste
Cook macaroni according to instructions given, then set aside. Using chickpea pasta added over 70g protein.
Season chicken pieces with sea salt & pepper.
Set a skillet on high heat, and once hot spray with oil then add the chicken. Cook for 3 – 5 minutes until the outside is seared, and then remove from the skillet.
Reduce the heat in the skillet to medium, then add olive oil and garlic. Cook the onions until they turn brown and be careful not to burn the garlic, about 2 minutes.
Add the seasonings and cook for 1 minute.
Then pour in almond milk and add HALF of the cheese. Immediately begin to stir so the cheese doesn’t clump and melts evenly. NOTE: if the sauce is too thin, add 1 tablespoon of arrowroot mixed with water. Stir quickly so the starch doesn’t clump. The sauce should thicken.
Fold in the tomato, pasta and chicken and reduce the heat to medium-low. Once mixed add raw spinach and continue gently folding until the spinach wilts. To help the spinach wilt, cover the skillet on LOW for 3 minutes.
Season to taste with sea salt & pepper, then sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Cover and allow the heat to melt the cheese on top.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!