Grilled Fajita Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Kick off tailgate grilling season with this bangin’ fajita stuffed chicken breast! It’s all the flavors of Tex-Mex (or Cali-Mex) fajitas that you love but in a lower carb way! It has the “sautéed” bell peppers and onions, as well as the CHEESE!
I was invited by Weber to try out two of their grills, so one of the ones I selected was this dope Q-Series Grill. I’ve never tried a portable grill so I decided to try one since tailgating and cookouts in parks are very common here in the South.
After using it, here are 2 things I like about the grill:
- it’s pretty powerful and heats quickly. It took less than 2 minutes for the grill to nearly 400 degrees. I’m pretty impatient when it comes to my own food, AND I can imagine not having to stress about preheating the grill if I’m having to juggle both prepping the food and cooking the food.
- it’s lightweight and not bulky. This easily fit into my small trunk with room to spare for a foldable cart/stand, as well as a cooler full of ingredients, plates and utensils. It’s perfect for people who live in smaller spaces – city living – and have limited space to cook outside.
I can see myself using this as my go-to grill tool outside – it’s just that easy to use and clean! I forgot to mention I easily wiped the removal grill clean with a warm (light) soapy water. This would make a great gift for the cook in your household.
Ingredients for four stuffed breasts
- 20oz (four 5oz) chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of sea salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 5oz reduced fat cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2/3 cup diced bell peppers (note: I used 3 different color bell peppers HOWEVER, to keep costs low, I recommend only using 1 bell pepper of 1 color)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- fresh lime to taste
Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel, then add them to a bowl. Sprinkle in the seasonings and the oil. Rub the chicken in the seasonings and let it marinate in the fridge for at least 20 minutes (or overnight in a covered container).
While it marinates, add the ingredients for the stuffing to a bowl and mix thoroughly together.
Using a sharp, small knife, make a small incision along the side of the chicken breasts to create a pocket. Then use a spoon to stuff the chicken breasts, spreading it evenly among the chicken breasts.
Fire up the Weber Q-series grill to medium-high heat.
Then lightly brush the grill with avocado (or olive) oil, making sure the oil is not dripping into the flames.
Place the chicken breasts on the grill, close the lid, then cook for 15 to 20 minutes (or until it’s cooked through), careful flipping halfway to ensure even cooking. Squeeze lime over the final minutes of it cooking.
Enjoy with your favorite grilled vegetables for meal prep, or with chips and guacamole for a party!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!