Carrot Cake Oat Walnut Vegan Cookies
Ingredients for 15 cookies (or 8 large cookies)
- 2 ripe bananas (or 1 cup punpkin puree or sweet potato puree)
- 1/2 cup (125g) raw peanut butter (or your choice of nut butter), measured
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons coconut sugar (or 3 tablespoons maple syrup or agave or honey)
- 2 cups (~250g) raw quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (or cinnamon)
- 1 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts (optional – included in the macro count)
- 1/2 large carrot, grated
Set oven to 350F.
In a bowl, mash up the banana with a fork. Then add nut butter and vanilla extract and mix well.
Add the remaining ingredients (except the walnuts and carrots) and mix well – it should be thick and sticky like cookie batter.
Fold in walnuts and carrots and mix in using your hands.
Line a baking tray with parchment, then use an ice cream scoop to evenly measure out 15 cookies. Add them to the baking tray and lightly mash down with a fork or spatula to shape the cookie.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the outside is golden brown. Be careful not to over bake them since they may not change color too much but 10 -12 minutes in the oven should be sufficient.
Allow them to slightly cool on a baking tray or a paper towel before enjoying.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!