Asian-Inspired Ginger Sesame Brown Rice Slaw
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 1/2 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 green onion stalks, diced
- 1 cup basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons liquid aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave
- 3 tablespoons (or more) lukewarm water for thinning the sauce (OPTIONAL)
- fresh lime juice
- sesame seeds
Cook brown rice according to instructions given, then set aside. As a time saver, consider using frozen brown rice and cook in the microwave for 3 – 4 minutes.
Mix together the ingredients for the sauce. Add tablespoons of water to thin it out as needed and season to taste with liquid aminos or soy. Set aside.
Toss together veggies and brown rice, then drizzle the sauce over the mixture. Toss again in the bowl. Garnish with fresh lime, more green onion and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!