Spicy Asian inspired Shrimp Noodle Salad
Ingredients for 5 Asian Noodle Salad servings
- 1 1/2 lb raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- SUB: chicken breast; tofu; mushrooms
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha (or hot sauce of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar (OR juice from 1 lime)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar (OPTIONAL)
- 1/2 medium (~3 cups) green cabbage, chopped & shredded
- 1/2 medium (~3 cups) red/purple cabbage, chopped & shredded
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup matchstick or shredded carrot
- 8oz water chestnuts, drained
- 8oz (227g) sugar snap peas
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 60z COOKED noodles (I used rice & corn gluten free spaghetti)
- sesame seeds and/or peanuts (BE SURE to account for the macronutrients if you use)
- green onion
- lime or clementine
Set a nonstick skillet on high heat. Once hot, spray with oil then add the shrimp. Cook until the outside is seared and the shrimp is cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside.
Mix together the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a bowl or jar. Season to taste with lime juice, soy, ginger or garlic.
In a large bowl, toss together the ingredients for the salad and ensure everything is well mixed. Then add the shrimp – or your choice of protein – and mix.
For meal time, add the vinaigrette to the salad and toss together. Garnish and enjoy! NOTE: If doing this for meal prep, divide the salad into however many servings you prefer and store the vinaigrette separate and mix at meal time.
And the plant-based option with mushrooms… Enjoy the spicy Asian Noodle Salad!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!