5-Ingredient Sage Butter Chicken Sausage & Squash – Easy Dinner
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 2 green zucchini, chopped into 1.5-inch pieces
- 2 yellow squash, chopped into 1-.5 inch pieces
- spray avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons The Fit Cook Land seasoning (or dried oregano)
- 170g (~6oz) Italian chicken sausage (OR vegan sausage), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (vegan) butter
- 2 – 3 tablespoons freshly chopped sage
- sea salt & pepper to taste
Set oven to broil.
Add zucchini and squash to a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Lightly spray with oil then sprinkle on The Fit Cook Land seasoning. Add the zucchini to the broiler and cook for 3 – 4 minutes MAX.
Set a nonstick skillet on high heat, spray with oil, then add the sausage. Sear and cook the sausage for 3 – 5 minutes, or until sear marks appear along the edges.
Reduce the heat to low and remove the skillet to cool down some. Add the roasted veggies to the pan, along with freshly chopped sage and the butter. Toss everything together in the skillet. Season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!