Reimagined Popeyes Chicken Sandwich
Lighter Popeyes Chicken Sandwich
- Set air fryer (or oven) to 400F/204C.
- Lightly spray chicken breasts with oil then season with The Fit Cook Southern Creole blend (or spice combination). Allow to marinate at room temperature for 15 – 20 minutes, or cover and marinate in the fridge for longer or overnight.
- Mix panko, oregano and salt & pepper on a plate.
- Beat eggs in a bowl.
- Dip the chicken breast in the egg, shake off any excess egg, then dip the chicken in the panko and press it into the crumbs. Place the chicken on the air fryer basket (or on a baking tray lined with parchment). Air fry or bake for 12 – 15 minutes, or until the outside is golden crispy and the chicken is cooked through.
- Build the burger! Add lettuce, tomato, the air fried chicken and pickles. It’s up to you if you’d like to add coleslaw and any sauce.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.
Mix together the ingredients in a bowl and season to taste with sea salt & pepper as needed.
Mix together the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage and carrots. Pour in the sauce and toss together. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.