Mediterranean Pea Pesto Pasta Salad
Pea Pesto Pasta Salad Recipe
- Cook pasta according to the instructions provided, then set aside.
- Set oven to 420F. Place zucchini, squash and red onion on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Lightly spray with avocado or olive oil, then sprinkle on sea salt & pepper. If you like, you can also use The Fit Cook LAND seasoning. Roast in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes, or until the edges of the veggies have been “slightly” burned.
- Season chicken breast (tenders) with The Fit Cook LAND seasoning, then set a nonstick skillet on HIGH heat. Once hot, add the chicken and cook through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool down BEFORE cutting into 1-inch chunks.
- In a blender, add ingredients for the pesto. Pulse blend until well mixed and season to taste with sea salt & pepper (and lemon). To thin it out, add tablespoons of water until you reach desired consistency.
- Bring everything together. In a large mixing bowl, add the cooked, cooled and drained pasta, along with about 1/3 of the pesto sauce (as a start). Mix and fold together well using a spatula. Then add the remaining ingredients, chicken and roasted veggies and gently fold everything together.
- Add more pesto as needed and/or reserve the rest for individual servings OR for other uses (sandwich spread, etc).
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.