Kale, Chicken & Quinoa Salad Wrap
Save yourself $11/day and make your own salad wrap. But not just any wrap with iceberg lettuce, tomatoes and chicken; but a MEGA chicken, kale & quinoa salad wrap at half the cost! You can eat this salad separately or toss the salad in a wrap. Either way, it’s delicious!
Fully loaded it’s over 600 calories so it’s easy to customize to meet your fitness needs.
To make this chicken quinoa salad, you will need chicken breasts, tortillas, veggies, quinoa, nuts, raisins, cheese, and dressing. As I said, you can customize this recipe to your liking or calories, so you can omit or replace some ingredients. But be sure to try this exact recipe too, it will win your hearts!
If you want a vegetarian option, omit the chicken, and you have the perfect recipe and dish that will keep you full.
Cook the chicken in a skillet on a little olive oil or coconut oil, with sea salt and pepper. When it’s done, set aside and use the same skillet to cook kale with a little water for just two minutes. Just be careful to not overcook it.
Use a bowl to mix up kale, spinach, previously cooked quinoa, red onion, some colorful raisins, walnuts and almonds, mint and feta. Sprinkle it with fresh lemon juice and give it a good mix. In the end, add your favorite vinaigrette, and your chicken salad is ready.
In a whole grain flour tortilla add some salad, grilled chicken breasts, or grilled veggies for a vegetarian option. For extra flavor, drizzle a little balsamic glaze on top. Roll it up and eat. Boom! As easy as it is delicious.
I guarantee that homemade wrap never tasted this good! Download the FitMenCook app on your Android or Apple for more easy and practical healthy salad recipes.
Kale, Chicken & Quinoa Salad Wrap
Ingredients for 1 serving:
- 5oz cooked chicken breast (chopped into pieces)
- 1 whole grain flour tortilla (I used one made with rolled oats and seeds)
- 1 cup wilted kale
- 3/4 cup spinach (heirloom or regular)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon raisins (or your choice of naturally dried fruit)
- 5 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon shaved almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon feta (or goat cheese)
- 2 tablespoons of Bragg Hawaiian Dressing & Marinade (or your favorite low calorie vinaigrette or dressing)
- Balsamic glaze
- Cook a batch of quinoa according to the instructions given on the package, then set it aside.
- Spray a skillet with olive oil and set it on medium high heat. Toss in chicken breasts and season them with a little sea salt and pepper.
- Once the chicken has finished cooking, remove the chicken from the skillet and allow it to cool down before cutting it into pieces.
- In the same skillet, toss in chopped kale with a few tablespoons of water. This will help to wilt and soften the kale. Do not overcook the kale – no more than two minutes. Remove the kale from the skillet and allow it to cool down to at least room temperature.
- Place the kale in a bowl and toss in the remaining ingredients for the salad. Mix the salad together using tongs, ensuring that the entire mixture is covered in the salad dressing.
- Dump the contents of the salad onto the whole grain tortilla and then add the chopped chicken breasts.
- Garnish with balsamic glaze then roll the tortilla to create the wrap.
*Remember to adjust portions and ingredients to complement your diet and fitness goals.*
Approximate macros for 1 serving:
Available in the FitMenCook app
Open this recipe in the FitMenCook app to add the ingredients to your shopping list, scale the recipe and track your calories. Enjoy!