Copy Cat Pf Chang’s Lettuce Wrap
Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Add all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl. Whisk and set aside.
- (OPTIONAL STEP) If you would like the vibrant white crispy noodles like the traditional recipe, then set a small pot on medium high heat and add about 1/3 cup oil, or enough that the oil will cover 1oz of dry noodles when added. Once the oil is hot (350F-365F), add the noodles a little bit at a time – you may need to break them up – and keep them no more than 5 seconds as the noodles will expand and cook IMMEDIATELY in 1 – 2 secs. Remove the noodles using a fork or spider ladle.
- Set a large wok on medium high heat. Once hot, spray with avocado oil, then add the finely diced chicken thighs. As the chicken sears and cooks, add a few pinches of sea salt & pepper. Cook the chicken until is it done, about 8 – 10 minutes for all of it. Remove from the wok and set aside. PRO-TIP: I would consider cooking the chicken in batches so that you do not have too much moisture/liquid in the skillet which makes searing more challenging, especially if you are using previously frozen chicken.
- Place the wok back on the heat and add avocado oil and sesame oil, then add chestnuts and mushrooms. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes, enough for the mushrooms to reduce in size some, then add garlic and ginger. Toss everything together.
- Add the chicken (and its juices) back to the wok and continue tossing everything together for a minute. REDUCE the heat to medium – you may need to take the wok OFF the heat in order to drop the temperature faster – then add pour in the sauce and continuously stir as the sauce thickens. As soon as it thickens, REMOVE it from the heat so the sauce doesn’t become slimy.
- Build the wraps! Take a leaf of lettuce, add a tablespoon of crispy noodles, add 1 – 2 tablespoons of chicken mix and enjoy! These make great appetizers for a party or can be a low-carb entrée.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.