Here’s a quick and an easy fusion recipe combining two amazing cuisines – Korean (bulgogi) and “Tex-Mex” (quesadilla), which is a Texan twist on Mexican food.
HEALTHY BULGOGI QUESADILLA RECIPE
- Slice flank steak into very thin pieces, about the thickness of two coins.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ingredients for the sauce. Add the steak and fold it into the marinade. Cover and marinate the steak in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set on high heat. Add the steak and sear and cook until your desired readiness, about 6 to 8 minutes. Once it is finished cooking, allow the steak to slightly cool, then chop it into pieces.
- To one side of a low carb whole wheat tortilla add half of the cheese, portion of steak and then the rest of the ingredients. Fold the empty side over to create a semi-circle.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Once the skillet is hot, add the quesadilla. Cook for about 3 minutes per side or until the cheese has melted and the outside edges are brown and crispy.
Approximate macros for 1 of 6 quesadillas:
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.