Fajita Potato Skins Meal Prep
Hi there, food lovers! I know you are excited to try different dishes to serve for your whole family. You might be thinking of making something that is both delicious and nutritious. I am glad you came to our site because we will be sharing our wonderful potato skins recipe that you might enjoy.
Being a busy parent or an independent person is not easy; you always have to prepare your own food or meals for the whole family. You might also have limited prep time because of your busy schedule.
Why should you try this recipe?
That is why we might want to try out some healthy comfort food for a change.
Potato skins are trendy nowadays because they are filled with nutrients or like the saying goes, “nutrients from the scrap.” Well, we are addicted to various types of dishes made out of potatoes like french fries, potato salad, and mashed potatoes.
Baked potatoes seasoned with salt and black pepper then topped with sour cream or cheddar cheese with some bacon bits is another simple recipe we know. With this gourmet potato skins recipe, you will learn to prepare other potato meals.
Simply prepare the ingredients: russet potato, olive oil or canola oil, ground beef, bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, and green onions for garnish. You also need utensils like a baking sheet or a pan, a medium bowl and a nonstick skillet.
You can scroll down for the complete list of ingredients and the cooking prodecure. Make sure to preheat oven and
We hope you enjoy these tasty loaded potato skins. Start your day with a smile and ease your cravings for a yummy snack. I hope to help you with anything I can so do not hesitate to leave any comments or give your feedback below about this recipe. Thank you and have a nutritious day!
Fajita Potato Skins Meal Prep
- Set oven to 420F.
- Wash potatoes then pierce them several times with a fork. Place them on a baking sheet, then bake in the oven for about 50 minutes until you can easily pierce them with a knife or fork. Allow them to cool on a baking rack until they can be handled.
- Set oven to broil.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat and spray it with avocado oil. Toss in onions, garlic and bell pepper and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, until the onions are brown and translucent. Do NOT burn the garlic.
- Add the flank steak and cook for an additional 6 to 8 minutes, until desired readiness.
- Slice each potato in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the flesh but leave about a 1/4-inch in the potato. Set aside the scooped out potato for another recipe but don’t toss it away.
- Spray the halves with avocado oil, then sprinkle on the skin seasonings.
- Broil the halves for roughly 6 minutes, flipping halfway through. Begin with skin side up (open face down), then flip up for the remaining time, until the edges are crispy.
- Remove the halves from the oven, then add mozzarella cheese, steak mix, then Monterrey jack cheese.
- Broil for an additional 2 to 3 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven, then garnish and enjoy.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.