Epic Mushroom Sliders
Check out another comfort food that you’ll surely love! Just add your choice of protein and boom! Epic mushroom sliders in 1 minute, coming right up!
We all love tasty, meaty, and flavorful sliders but, carbohydrates don’t have all of the fun. These portobello mushroom sliders are a perfect, healthier alternative for their chewy and umami flavor.
Portobello mushrooms are one of the edible mushrooms that usually grow in the grasslands of Europe and North America. It is cultivated in various countries and is one of the most widely used in cuisines around the world.
This variant of mushroom is a good source of vitamin B2, which helps the body produce energy by breaking down carbohydrates. It is also rich in selenium, niacin, vitamin B5, and phosphorus.
These portobello sliders are quick and easy to make. Place the ingredients between mushroom caps, just like how a burger looks. You can also marinade the caps first in a mixture of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, basil, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook the sliders in an oven or griller if desired.
What’s more, it can be a perfect addition to your vegan recipes. Replace meat with veggie meat or other alternatives to make it fit your special diets. Just be mindful of the substitutions, for it will affect the macronutrients in this dish.
Can’t wait to try this dish? Include this now on your slider recipes and meal plan for gatherings! Share this with your family and friends too! Don’t forget to share your stories by commenting below or sending me an email. I love to hear from all of you!
If you can’t get enough of this kind of healthy food, download the Fitmen app now on your Apple and Android devices! You’ll find many dishes to try there, and it will be easier for you to access it.
Happy and healthy eating, fit foodies!
Epic Mushroom Sliders
- Set oven to 350F.
- Wash mushrooms in cold water and remove the stems from the caps using a knife . Then, use a small spoon to gently scrape the interior of the mushroom until it is white.
- Build your slider: first one part of the mushroom cap (round side down), few leaves fresh basil, 1 slice Roma tomato, 4oz shaved meat, add 1/2 oz mozzarella slice, 1 tbsp marinara, the other mushroom cap to serve as the bun.
- Skewer with a kabob stick and place on a baking sheet.
- Use foil to prop the sliders up to prevent them from rolling around the pan.
- If desired, sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Repeat for the other two sliders.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
FEEL FREE TO SHARE AND PIN
Approximate macros for 1 slider:
Available in the FitMenCook app
Open this recipe in the FitMenCook app to add the ingredients to your shopping list, scale the recipe and track your calories. Enjoy!