Epic BBLT – Bison, Tomato , Lettuce & Bacon Burger
Whoever said that eating healthy is wimpy is misinformed, or just can’t cook…eh, maybe it’s a little of both. Ha! But, no worries! Here’s an epic Bison-Bacon-Lettuce-Tomato burger that should remove all doubt. And the cool thing about burgers is that they are easy to customize to increase or decrease calories and protein to meet your needs.
So, you can build lean, quality muscle on a healthy diet.
If you gasped at the sight/thought of “bison” in the burger, don’t be alarmed! Bison (and wild game for that matter) is actually a quality animal protein that can do wonders for your health. Here are a few quick facts on bison to make you a believer:
- Wild game is 100% grass fed because the animals roam around freely, grazing. This grass fed diet boosts the nutrient content by providing a good supply of Omega-3 fatty acids, as well as vitamins and minerals.
- Bison tends to be lower in fat (calories) and cholesterol than chicken or fish. Remember, wild game roams around all day “getting lean” so their fat tends to be lower.
- Bison is also higher in protein than chicken or beef AND it is packed full of iron, which also makes it a great choice for women.
- Check out this link for more cool information on bison – http://www.bisoncentral.com/cooking-bison/nutrition-information
Bison, Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato Burger
- Cook turkey bacon in a nonstick skillet. While it is cooking spray with a little coconut oil and season with pepper. The oil will help the bacon become more crispy and the pepper adds flavor.
- Lightly toast the buns in the oven. Before toasting, spray with a little coconut oil.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.