Dark Chocolate Chili Almond Bark
If you’re looking for a snack or you just want to satisfy your chocolate cravings, this recipe is just for you! While this time might not be the perfect go outside and enjoy chocolate desserts in shops, this recipe is definitely a good one because you’ll be making sweet and succulent dark chocolate barks in the comfort of your own home.
For this recipe, we’ll be using Stevia dark chocolate which is plant-based chocolate. Stevia is a plant that is a member of the chrysanthemum family. Its leaves contain natural sugars, which is a perfect sugar and sweetener substitute for this chocolate.
For the ingredients, we’ll be using raw almonds, spray avocado or olive oil, chili powder, sea salt, and our Stevia dark chocolate chips. We’ll be using chili powder for this recipe to give our almonds a little bit of heat in there. The sea salt helps balance out the sweetness of the chocolate which is perfect for this recipe.
For our preparation, line up a baking tray with parchment paper. Add in your almonds in the baking tray. Lightly spray your almonds with oil, and add in your chili powder and sea salt for the seasoning. Make sure to season it well and evenly spread them out in your baking tray. Bake them for about ten to twelve minutes, until lightly toasted. Be careful not to burn your almonds.
After baking, allow them to slightly cool then break them into pieces using a food hammer or the bottom of a heavy skillet. Save some for the toppings.
Next, melt your chocolate in a microwaveable safe bowl, until smooth. Then, gently pour your chocolate over your almonds in the tray. As much as possible, try to evenly spread your chocolate in the tray. Sprinkle in your remaining almond bits followed by another pinch of sea salt. Place the baking tray in the freezer for an hour or until they are frozen solid. Once the chocolate is solid, break into bark-like pieces and store the pieces in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer and enjoy your delicious chocolatey snack!
If you’d like to see more chocolate recipes, comment down below for more sweet and luscious chocolate recipes.
Dark Chocolate Chili Almond Bark
- Set oven to 350F.
- Add almonds to a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Lightly spray with oil, then add the chili seasoning and sea salt. Rub the almonds in the seasoning and evenly spread them out on the baking tray.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until lightly toasted, not burned. Allow them to slightly cool (to harden), then easily break them into pieces in the baking tray using a food hammer or the bottom of a heavy skillet. Save a handful for the topping.
- Melt chocolate in a microwavable safe bowl, then pour over the almonds in the tray. As much as possible, try to evenly distribute the chocolate in the tray.
- Sprinkle the remaining almonds on top followed by another pinch of sea salt.
- Place the baking tray in the FREEZER for 1 hour (or until frozen SOLID).
- Once the chocolate is frozen solid, break into pieces. It should look like bark. Store the pieces in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.