Chicken Pasta Low-Carb Meal Prep
You can make this delicious meal that features a tasty chicken recipe even easier with the use of an instant pot or slow cooker. This pasta and chicken meal prep can help when you are an athlete on the go with a busy schedule and bills to pay, as it can be stored in the fridge or even frozen and reheated later. With shirataki noodles, celery, and purple cabbage, this meal contains a good level of fiber and magnesium to help get you through your workouts and protein from the chicken to help you reap the rewards! All without the hassle of having to find the time to prepare it throughout the week. A dash of salt and pepper makes it perfect.
Celery is known to be good at helping to maintain colon health, so feel good knowing you will reap the benefits from that if you have been suffering from cramps or bloating. Shirataki, which has been featured in food news lately, is mostly insoluble fiber which will keep you low carb and the chicken is light as far as animal products go, which is great for an everyday meal. It is quite easy throughout the week to add a little variety to each meal by tossing a few extra ingredients to each serving as you eat it. Just because you’re on a low carb diet doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy chicken and pasta!
If you were worried that a homemade pasta sauce would be too difficult or decadent, fear no more. This easy pasta sauce recipe is light and healthy and tasty, a perfect pasta sauce that can be customized to fit your flavor and dietary needs. The vinegar helps with stomach inflammation and has probiotics which is very helpful to those who might suffer gut health issues.
If you enjoyed this easy chicken pasta recipe with red pepper for weeknight dinners or pre-made lunches, please drop me a comment or send me a message. Would love to hear from you!
Chicken Pasta Low-Carb Meal Prep
- Chop chicken breasts into small pieces. About the size of your thumb.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat and spray it with olive oil. Toss in the chicken and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink on the inside or outside. The outside of the chicken should be lightly seared/brown. Set the chicken aside (or place it in the fridge to chill).
- Prep the veggies by chopping the red bell pepper and celery, then shredding the cabbage using a sharp knife or mandolin.
- Drain or strain the Shirataki noodles and place them in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl. Cook in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes in order to remove the odor. After that, place it in the fridge to chill.
- In a bowl, mix together the ingredients for the sauce. Place in the fridge to chill for at least 15 minutes.
- In a larger bowl, add the noodles, chicken, bell pepper, celery and the sauce. Fold everything together so that it is well mixed.
- Add about a cup of shredded cabbage to each meal container, then evenly divide the peanut pasta among the containers.
- Garnish, chill and enjoy!
Note: (**) – Remember to always adjust recipes to fit your diet and wellness needs.*
Approximate macros for 1 of 5 servings:
Available in the FitMenCook app
Open this recipe in the FitMenCook app to add the ingredients to your shopping list, scale the recipe and track your calories. Enjoy!