Lean Beef & Brown Rice Pilaf
Brown Rice Pilaf Recipe
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- Set a pot on HIGH heat. Once hot, add oil and beef. As the beef sears, add the paprika, The Fit Cook Everyday blend and The Fit Cook Land herb seasoning. Cook for about 3 minutes, until sear marks begin to appear.
- REDUCE the heat of the pot to low-medium and once the pot is cooler, add garlic, onions and carrots. Cook until the onions turn brown and translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- The add in uncooked brown rice and stir continuously until every grain of rice is toasted and covered in oil and herbs.
- Pour in the broth, Worcestershire and tomato sauce and stir. Add in the lemon zest and Bay leaves. Stir.
- Adjust the heat of the pot to bring to a light simmer, then cover and cook for 25 to 30 minutes until the rice has absorbed the majority of the liquid.
- Once the rice has almost cooked, simply place the broccoli florets ON TOP of the rice and put the lid on halfway to cook for the remaining time and to allow excess liquid to be absorbed and evaporate.
- When the rice has finished cooking, stir in the broccoli and remove from the heat.
- Garnish and enjoy!!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.