White Chicken Chili Meal Prep
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 1 1/4lb COOKED Rotisserie chicken meat, no skin and pulled into pieces
- SUB: chicken breasts; jackfruit
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced and fresh
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- zest from 1 lime (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 can(13.5oz) full fat coconut milk (OR lite coconut milk; almond milk)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 can (15oz) white (cannellini) beans
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- fresh cilantro to taste
- fresh lime juice to taste (recommended)
- If you desire thicker chili, mix 1 1/2 tablespoons of arrowroot powder with 2 tablespoons water and add that to the chili.
Pull apart Rotisserie chicken meat, no skin. Set aside.
Set a pot on medium heat and once hot, add oil, garlic, onion and bell pepper. Cook for 2 -3 minutes until the onion turns translucent, but ensure it is not burning.
Add the cooked chicken meat along with the seasonings. Continuously stir for 1 minute until fragrant. Then pour in coconut milk and stir until it is a consistent broth, about 1 -2 minutes. Then pour in the chicken broth, white beans and a few pinches of sea salt & pepper. Reduce the heat to low, then cover and cook for at least 20 minutes. (NOTE FOR USING RAW CHICKEN: once the white broth is mixed, simply add the chicken breasts to the pot – the broth should cover them. Cook and after 20 minutes or so, remove them from the pot and pull the chicken apart.)
If needed, add more broth or water after 20 minutes. Some of the beans should have exploded to thicken it, like regular chili. Just make sure the beans are not burning in the bottom of the pan. Then add corn and fresh cilantro, and cover and cook for an additional 5 – 10 minutes on LOW.
Season to taste with sea salt & pepper, lime juice and cilantro. Enjoy by itself or with brown rice, cauliflower rice or quinoa.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hey, I'm Kevin
My name is Kevin. My life changed when I realized that healthy living is a lifelong journey, mainly won by having a well-balanced diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my meals on Tumblr, I learned healthy eating is not boring! By making a few adjustments to my favorite foods, I could design a diet that could help me achieve my wellness goals while satisfying my desire for BANGIN food! 😅 Now I try to help people around the world realize that same level of freedom in eating regardless of budget. Welcome, let's #DemocratizeWellness together!