Gluten Free Baked Penne Pasta with Roasted Vegetables
Baked Penne Pasta Recipe
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- Set oven to Broil (500F).
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Toss cut veggies in a bowl with oil and seasoning. Then add the veggies to the baking tray. Roast in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are seared and veggies are softened.
- Set temperature to 400F.
- Set a deep skillet on medium high heat, add about 4 cups of water along with pinches of sea salt to bring water to a boil. Add the pasta to the pot and cover to cook for 6 to 8 minutes. After about 5 minutes and the pasta has almost finished cooking, remove the top and let the majority of the water evaporate. Let about 25% remain (to guard against burning).
- Reduce the heat to medium, then add the canned tomatoes, basil and roasted vegetables. Gently stir and fold the pasta and veggies together. Add mozzarella to the skillet, then cover it and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. For the final 5 minutes, remove the top and let the cheese brown a bit.
- Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.