Apricot Ginger Salmon Nugget Bowl
Apricot Ginger Salmon Bowl
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- Mix together the ingredients for the sauce. (BEFORE adding the arrowroot, season to taste the sauce with more/less ginger, soy or water/broth. Careful to not add too much sugar if more sweetness is needed.) Add in the arrowroot and mix together. Set aside.
- Set a nonstick skillet on HIGH heat. Once hot, spray with oil and add peas and bell pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until sear marks appear along the edges and the peas turn a vibrant green color. Remove the skillet and set aside. Place the skillet back on the heat.
- In a bowl, lightly toss salmon nuggets with coconut sugar and (spray) oil. Lightly spray the skillet and add the salmon. Sear and cook for 1 – 3 minutes, careful not to completely cook the salmon. Use tongs or your fingers to quickly flip the salmon while once in the skillet. Once the salmon has some deep, rich sear marks, reduce the heat of the skillet to low-medium and remove the salmon. Set aside.
- Once the skillet has cooled down, pour in the ingredients for the sauce. Once the sauce begins to lightly simmer, stir IMMEDIATELY, continuously and quickly. If the skillet is too hot, simply take the skillet off the heat and continue stirring. Note: adding sauce to a hot skillet will result in a slimy and/or clumpy sauce.
- Once the sauce is a nice consistency, add the salmon nuggets back to the skillet and spoon the sauce over the nuggets and allow the heat of the sauce to cook the salmon the rest of the way.
- Garnish the salmon with green onion and sesame seeds.
- To the jasmine rice, mix in the cilantro, lime zest and juice with a fork.
- Bring it all together in a bowl (or meal prep container) – salmon nuggets, rice and veggies.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.