3 Weekly Meal Prep Recipes
Here are 3 of the powerful and healthy meals you can eat next week!
One of the most important lessons I have learned while adhering to a healthy lifestyle and diet is the importance of preparation. Meal prep can be a very helpful tool, in addition to saving time, you can better manage your portion sizes and macronutrients. Pick one day to do your healthy meal prepping, it can be a Sunday night or another day that suits you the most. Plan and prepare meals and snacks in advance.
You can prepare any food that is well kept in storage and has a delicious taste after a few days in the refrigerator. Cooked meat or grilled meat, brown rice, quinoa or potatoes, roasted or raw vegetables or other food that is a good basis for recipes for preparing meals.
I’m sharing with you 3 meal prep ideas which I made one week for myself.
The first meal is tempeh with brown rice and black quinoa, which I paired with fresh veggies, cucumber and red bell pepper slices. Cook the tempeh in a skillet with olive oil, garlic, cumin and Bragg’s Liquid Aminos. Also, cook brown rice and black quinoa, and chop veggies into slices. Arrange in a bowl and the first meal is ready.
The next recipe is with chicken, sweet potatoes and eggplant. Prepare meat as well as eggplant in a skillet, and bake sweet potatoes in the oven.
The last meal prep recipe is rainbow trout with asparagus and mushrooms. Season the rainbow trout and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, and grill the veggies in the skillet.
Ta-da! 3 very simple healthy meals, from just a few ingredients, which are prepared quickly and very easily.
Write to me in the comments below how you liked the ideas and if this was helpful to you.
3 Weekly Meal Prep Recipes
- Tempeh, brown rice, black quinoa, red bell peppers, cucumber slices
- BBQ chicken, baked sweet potato chunks, grilled eggplant
- Baked smoky rainbow trout, grilled mushrooms, grilled asparagus
- Tempeh – cooked in a skillet using spray olive oil, garlic, cumin, Bragg’s Liquid Aminos. Sear the tempeh on all sides and add to quinoa and brown rice mixture.
- Chicken – Season chicken breasts with garlic, onion powder, paprika, cumin and 1 tbsp low sodium BBQ sauce. Cook in a skillet. Sweet potato wedges were baked in the oven for 15 minutes at 405F. Egg plant is seared in a skillet with garlic and Bragg’s Liquid Aminos.
- Rainbow trout – Season with garlic, onion powder, 1 tbsp liquid smoke, pepper, hint of sea salt. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes at 405F. Asparagus and mushrooms seared in a skillet with garlic, Bragg’s Liquid Aminos.
Macros will vary according to your portions! Use CalorieCounter.com or MyFitnessPal.com to calculate the macronutrients and calories of your ingredients.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.