In case you tuned in to Live with Kelly this morning, here is the recipe for those bangin’ Shrimp Burgers! You’ll LOVE these. Bet.
- gluten-free buns OR
- grilled portobello mushrooms (for a lower carb option)
- mashed avocado
Shrimp burger ingredients for 3 large patties:
- 1 lb peeled & deveined raw shrimp
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 finely chopped (red) bell pepper
- fresh green onion
- fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- pinches of sea salt & pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Set the grill temperature to about 200F.
- Add burger ingredients (except for the bell pepper and green onion) to a food processor or blender and pulse until you make minced shrimp. Once the mince is made, dump it in a bowl then add chopped bell pepper and green onion (and any other crispy veggie of your choice).
- Form patties and place them in the fridge for about 20 minutes before placing them on the grill.
- Place the burgers on the grill and cook them for about 15 to 20 minutes, about 8 to 10 minutes each side. I personally like to smoke these patties so the temperature should be a little lower so you can cook them longer.
- Remove the gills from large portobello mushroom caps, brush them with olive oil and place them on . Grill for about 10-15 minutes.
- Assemble the burger. Devour. Boom.
Approximate macros for 1 of 3 shrimp burger patties:
126 calories, 21g protein, 2g carbs, 7g fat, 0g fiber, 0g sugar