Ultimate Texas Brunch Casserole with Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader
Texas Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Set oven temperature to 400F.
- Set a nonstick skillet on high heat. Once hot oil, onion, garlic and nopal cactus or green bell pepper. Continuously stir and cook the cactus until the edges are seared. Then add the red bell pepper and the sausage. Adjust the heat of the skillet in case ingredients are burning, and continue cooking until the edges of the sausage are seared, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Spray an 8×5 baking dish with cooking spray (olive oil), then add the thawed hash browns. Spread them out so that it covers the dish. Add the sausage mix from the skillet and spread evenly. Sprinkle in the cumin (if using).
- Lightly beat eggs, egg whites and milk. Pour over the potato and sausage mix, then sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes, or until the egg is cooked through. Remove the foil when there are about 5 minutes left in order to brown the top.
- Once it has finished baking, let the casserole rest for 5 – 10 minutes before slicing.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.