Tastiest Tofu Scramble
If you’ve never tried tofu scramble, you’ve gotta try it at least once in your life! If anything to see if it’s something you actually like – you may surprise yourself. The texture is very similar to scrambled eggs so it won’t seem “foreign” or unfamiliar in your mouth.
One of the best things about tofu is that it really absorbs and enhances the flavors of the foods you cook it with so you can toss in your favorite veggies for a nutrient-dense plant-based treat. Top it all off with some seasoned crushed pistachios or your favorite vegan cheese, and you’re good to go!
For this great vegan breakfast recipe you will need tofu, onions, red bell pepper, mushrooms and seasonings. I also used some raw pistachios, oregano, onion powder and red pepper flakes for the topping. It gives some extra taste to the whole recipe. You will love it!
Preparing tofu is really simple. Before you start, make sure it’s dry. Use paper towels and any heavy object, and squeeze out excess water. Leave like this for about 15 minutes.
Now, crumble the tofu into a bowl using a fork until it looks like scrambled egg whites.
Set a nonstick skillet on heat and add olive oil, garlic and red onions. Wait until it’s caramelized. Then add bell pepper and mushrooms and cook for 6 minutes.
Toss in the tofu and seasonings and mix everything together. Cook for 7 more minutes and set aside.
Let’s prepare topping now. Use a bowl or small food processor. Add all ingredients for the topping and mash. That’s all!
Serve the tofu on a plate and garnish with green onion and crushed pistachio topping. And if you like, add hot sauce. It’s a perfect match.
I hope you will like my tofu scramble recipes. Comment down below if you tried. And don’t forget to share your newly discovered recipe with your friends.
Tastiest Tofu Scramble
- Remove the tofu block from the packaging and place it on a paper towel. Place another paper towel on top and then gently place a skillet (or similar moderately heavy object) on top in order to squeeze out excess water. All the tofu to set for 15 minutes.
- Remove the paper towels, then crumble the tofu into a bowl or plate using a fork. It should look like scrambled egg whites. Set aside.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat and then add olive oil, garlic and red onion. Caramelize the onions and flavor the oil for roughly 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and mushrooms and cook for roughly 6 minutes or until there are visible sears on the edges of the pepper and mushrooms.
- Toss in the tofu and sprinkle in the seasonings. Fold and mix everything together using a wooden or silicon spatula for roughly 5 – 7 minutes, then set aside.
- In a mortar or bowl (or small food processor/blender), add the ingredients for the topping. Mash using a pestle or food mallet, or gently pulse blend (DO NOT pulverize this into a powder).
- Add the tofu to a plate and garnish with green onion and a tablespoon or two of the crushed pistachio topping. Oh, and hot sauce too!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.