Salmon Sweet Potato Cakes with Avocado Salsa
Salmon Sweet Potato Cakes
- Set oven to 400F.
- Poke a few holes in sweet potatoes, then wrap in foil. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until soft. Once complete, unwrap them and place in the fridge/freezer to quickly cool down to at least room temperature.
- Carefully remove the skin from the salmon with a sharp knife. Slice it into 2 pieces – 25% and 75%. For the 75% portion, finely chop and MINCE the salmon using the sharp knife. Chop until it’s sticky. For the remaining 25%, chop it into small chunks about 1/4-inch in size. See this example.
- Add the salmon to a bowl along with the remaining ingredients (except the oil). Mix well. If the mixture is too wet and not firm enough to stick together, add tablespoons of almond flour or panko until it gets firm.
- Scoop out oversized golf ball size balls of the mixture, roll into balls and then gently flatten to create patties. Repeat.
- For best results, let the patties rest in the fridge for about 20 minutes to firm up.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add avocado oil – add the individual patties and cook on each side for 2 -3 minutes each, then place on a cooling rack once finished. Note: If you are making large patties for burgers, then cook them on each side for 3 – 5 minutes, then place the burgers on a baking tray lined with parchment to bake in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes to ensure they are adequately cooked through.
- Enjoy the mini patties with a chopped mixed greens and avocado salsa.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.
Place all ingredients in a bowl and season to taste. Store in an airtight container to preserve freshness.